Monday, April 10, 2006

MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR

Yep! It's that time of year again! Anyone who has read this blog for a while knows that there's only one sports team that I love more than the beloved Longhorns. That's right - it's the greatest team on earth, playing the greatest game: The ASTROS!!

Okay, okay. Before any wiseasses comment about the "greatest team on earth" comment, I concede that the comment is based on emotional bias and not actual statistical fact. However, these guys are hungry for a World Series Pennant - as they've proven with the last couple of seasons. Hopefully, this year they'll hit well enough to backup the stellar pitching staff (Chad Qualls not included in the "stellar" group). As of today, they're 5-2, which is a hell of a lot better than they started the first week of last season. With any luck, Roger Clemens will show up on May 2nd ready for duty to help these guys finish the season the way the last season should have been finished.

As for me, I'll be supporting these guys from SD. Hopefully, I'll be able to take the time to actually get to Houston this summer to see some games. My original plan was to spend at least one weekend a month there this summer to get my Astros fix and feed my Texas music addiction. So far, I'm not doing so well on the planning of all that - but I'm hoping to change that in May. We'll see.

Just had to share my excitement. In the mean time, I'll be hitting a bunch of Padres games to substitute (I had killer seats for opening day!).