Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'M READY FOR MY VACATION

One more Astros game left to conclude my gluttonous week of pro sports. I'm excited for it, but also getting a little melancholy because I've been looking forward to it for so long and now its almost over. The Astros really need to win tonight - one for the gipper.

I still haven't faced the fact that I have a flight out of here on early Friday afternoon. There's laundry to do, work to pre-empt, hair to be cut, packing to do, banking to do, picking up to do and beer to be drank. Maybe Bed,Bath and Beyond - I don't know - I don't know if I'll have enough time!!

The walls are starting to close in on me and the voices in my head are multiplying from the usual dozen or so. They are yelling evil things like "The Astros suck!" and "Go Padres!!" Oh. Wait. Thats just the stadium. Sorry.

Someone, call the sanitarium. Tell them to send some tranquilizers and a heavy duty straight jacket.

Wait a minute... I'm the calm and collected guy - never mind, I'll be fine. (I think)