Tuesday, March 22, 2005

BUT SERIOUSLY, FOLKS

THIS MIGHT GET YOUR ASS KICKED IF YOU WERE A HIGH SCHOOL GUY.

The company is marketing "chastity underwear" to promote abstinence. We've all seen how the "Just Say No" campaign worked out....

Anyhow, you can read the full story HERE.

Does anyone disagree that sex has been highly de-sensitized over the last 10-15 years? I could be wrong, its been a while since I was in high school. I'm really not ranting - I'm not sure that it makes much of a difference to me. I'm sure I'll feel different when I'm a father.

When I stop and think about it though, is sex at the forefront of issues keeping people from finding fulfilling relationships and marriages today? From commitment? I think it could be key. I've (to my knowledge) never been in a "break-up" situation that directly involved cheating. Well, not really. The only time that comes close is when I broke up with a live-in girlfriend of 2 years because I was too much of a pansy to break up with her a year earlier when I was tired of the relationship. I found out a week later that she had been shagging my buddy for a month or so before I broke it off. I was surprisingly not too upset about it. A little bruised, but fairly apathetic. The buddy in question was married and a habitual cheater. He never felt remorse about the way his wife felt when she would catch him. When she found out about them, she did the whole thing where she showed up on my doorstep wanting to "get revenge". I might have done it for the sport, but I knew she'd been with him - and I knew the girls HE'D been with - I was a little afraid... In fact, I'm not even convinced they had all been girls. The point I'm trying to make though, is that there is a lot of confusion in the world about sex and intimacy. I don't have any answers - but I know the problem is there. If I did have kids around pubescent age, I would be concerned about how to approach them in the best way to enable them to make the best decisions. I'm not talking about whether to have sex or not, but rather what sex should mean to them when they do finally decide to "get 'er done".

'nuff intulektual bolshite - here's a good joke:

I was 16 or so. I went in to buy a package of condoms. There was a beautiful
woman behind the counter, and she could see that I was new
at it. She handed me the package and asked, if I knew how to wear one.

I honestly answered, "No."

So she unwrapped the package, took one out and slipped over her
thumb. She cautioned me to make sure it was on tight and secure. I
apparently still looked confused.

So she looked all around the store. It was empty. She said,
"Just a minute." And walked to the door, and locked it. Taking my
hand, she led me into the back room, unbuttoned her blouse and removed
it. She unhooked her bra and laid it aside. She asked, "Do these
excite you?"

Well, I was so dumb-struck that all I could do was nod my head.

She then said, it was time to slip the condom on. As I was
slipping it on, she dropped her skirt, removed her panties and laid down
on a desk. "Well, come on", she said, "We don't have much time."

So I climbed on her. It was so wonderful, that unfortunately, I
could no longer hold back and pow, I was done within a few minutes.

She looked at me with a frown. "Did you put that condom on?"

I said, "I sure did." And held up my thumb to show her.