Friday, March 18, 2005

WAXING PHILOSOPHICALLY

I was talking to my oldest and closest buddy on the phone the other night. He told me he's been in a little of a funk. Not really like a deep depression type funk. More, he's been pondering intraspective aspects of himself - and isn't coming up with satisfactory answers. Or should I say answers period. I told him I've kind of been in the same funk, but trying not to think about it and burrying it under countless bottles of beer and emersing myself into NTN at the bar. By the way, this is a relatively new addiction. NTN, not beer. I know, I know. It can be somewhat anti-social, but ironically I've made all sorts of new friends at the bar who share the addiction. So in my plight to avoid thinking too much about myself, I'm diverting my thinking to a trivia game. But I digress.

What I'm trying to get at is an interesting observation I've made recently. In speaking to other friends and reading the dozen or so blogs that I frequent, including blogs of blogs (kind of like friends of friends) - I've noticed a lot of people in the same "Funk". Really, "Funk" isn't the right word, but I'm not sure how else to describe it - maybe the beer and NTN have fried my ability to be eloquent. At any rate, people have been sounding like they are looking for answers to questions that are not answerable. I ponder why.

My best conclusion has everything to do, ultimately, with the earth's rotation. We are in full blown spring. This is the season of renewal and rejuvination for most everything living on our planet (in this hemisphere, technically. Actually above the 29th parallel to be REALLY technical). To be intraspective during this period is only a natural way to rejuvinate your soul. I really believe its brought on by the weather and the angle of the sun. I also think its one of the healthiest things a human can do. Although questions don't specifically get answered, its good to ask them in order to better understand one's self. Its also good to share those things out loud - which is a really cool thing about blogs.

I'm glad my buddy called the other night. It sounded like he's been needing to unload some of the emotional baggage that he's been carrying. I needed to do the same. I feel renewed. Hope he does too.

Bring on summer!