Wednesday, November 23, 2005

PRODUCTIVITY

Is anyone working today? No - I don't mean AT work, because lots of us are. I mean actually WORKING. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm attempting to get some things done, but its not happening. I'm much more concerned with how I'm going to pull off cooking for 20+ people tomorrow. Lots of the prep will come tonight, before I go out and drink for the first time in 5 days. I still can't decide on a salad dressing - I want to do a balsamic viniagrette, but a rasberry viniagrette is sounding really good too. This all sounds really ridiculous because I don't stress about little shit like this. Its not me. Maybe its just because I have nothing else of any importance to worry about right now. Shit.

So anyhow, I gave my assistant the day off today - it was an option: She could come to work and get paid, or she could take the day without pay but also without it counting toward her vacation time. She took option B, which is just as well. People aren't productive on days before holidays - its just a given. When I worked for other people, I always thought that everyone should be given this option. Now that I can call the shots, thats just the way it is. She's getting paid for tomorrow and Thursday though. Because thats also just the way it is.

Thats all I got. Have a great long weekend!