Tuesday, November 08, 2005

BOOK BLUES

I just finished reading another book in the wee hours of this morning. A long book. A good book.

Problem is - and I find this more often than not - that I felt like the ending left so many unanswered questions. Sure, the answers may be irrelevant to the central them of the story, but I feel left with issues unresolved.

I'm sure many people don't mind the hanging questions, maybe even actually like it.

I think I'm going to start writing my own continuation to the endings of books. That way, I'll feel like there is total closure and resolution.

In the past, you've heard me rant about how women always seem to want closure on relationships. Maybe the way I feel about the book is the way they feel about the relationship.

Interesting twist of irony.

I was thinking of starting Don Quixote, but going from long book to long book might not be a good idea. Maybe I should read a short book first. A rebound book.