Thursday, October 27, 2005

MOURNING THE 'STROS

After suffering the death blow last night in the World Series, I recieved the following message this morning from BRANDY:

From: Brandy
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:10 AM
To: Brian
Subject: With Deepest Sympathy

Hi Sweetie-

I heard on the news last night about your tragic loss-know that you and your family, the beloved Astros, are in my thoughts and prayers. Call me if you need a shoulder to cry on or if you want me to bring over a big platter of funeral fried chicken =)

Again I express my deepest sympathy, please know that I am here for you if you need me.


Other than last night, how have you been?


Brandy



My reply:

From: Brian
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:35 AM
To: Brandy
Subject: RE: With Deepest Sympathy


Thanks very much for your condolences Brandy. It’s good to know that someone cares. I’ll be in mourning for the next 10 to 12 years, but perhaps with some extensive therapy, I can put this all behind me someday and move on with my life…

Thanks so much for your kind words during this difficult time (and for the poultry as well).

-Brian

p.s. “Other than last night, how have you been?” Isn’t that kind of like saying, “Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?”