Thursday, June 01, 2006

BRIAN UNPLUGGED

If you've looked at my links at all in the last few months you've noticed and perhaps even visited the website of Ms. Annie D (aka Smart At Love). Ms. Annie D. is a psychologist and her site focuses on dating advice for single women. I enjoy reading this site for a number of reasons, the biggest being that, although I'm sure I'll never fully understand women, it helps me at least try.
I often comment giving "That Male Voice", as Ms. Annie likes to call it, that can sometimes bring a different point of view to the table.

A little while back, she asked me if I would be interested in guest writing for her weekly Wednesday guest column. I thought it would be fun, but I wasn't really sure what I would write about without becoming the enemy. I contemplated this for a long time and then realized that if I wrote anything, this was going to be a risk. So after much deliberation, I decided to put a little of myself out there to possibly give (and recieve) some insight into a part of the dating life (mentality) of a single guy my age. I think it's safe to say that it's difficult to convey the complexity of one's self or others in a snapshot short enough to be a blog post, which also made me a little nervous.

I don't often post about my dating life here unless its after the fact, and I feel like venting or reflecting. However, if you want a little glimps into a small portion of things, feel free to check out Annie's site. I'm sure it's TMI, but oh well. It's part of me. Unplugged. Exposed.