Monday, February 21, 2005

SAD DAY FOR THE COMMUNITY

READ: HOUSTON FIREFIGHTER KILLED IN BLAZE


As a former Firefighter, this type of incident always leaves me at a loss for words. In the last 5 years Houston Fire Department has lost 4 FFs at 3 different incidents and all of them are hard to swallow. This one, so far the hardest because of the circumstances and for me because he was a valued member of my suburban community.

In the past, the unions have siezed these opportunities to criticize the administration and rally for their agenda. Once, I thought it was justified. I hope that this doesn't become such a political circus as in the past. This man deserves more respect.

READ: PRESS ACCOUNT OF INCIDENT

And...............JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED, although it won't bring back the father of three small children.