Friday, February 18, 2005

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Outside my office sit 21 Texas-born women. I'm convinced few of them have ever lived outside of the industrial end of Houston and even fewer have been anywhere else, besides perhaps a week in Puerta Vallarta or Cancun or (insert cliche cheap tropical vacation here). All of these folks claim to have "gradumatated" High School, but they refuse to stop trying to jam "Y'all" into 1 sentence as many times as possible. Sure, this is actually kind of charming in a downhome sort of way, but as the esteemed gentle-ladie from Colorado says, its SO Whisky Tango! ( abbv. for White Trash, if your not in the know) When I heard the following quote earlier, I thought of them:

You can lead a horticulture, but you can’t make her think…

I do understand I'm going to hell for writing that. I'm actually not such an elitest. Really. Most of these gals are really nice, and work hard despite the hee-haw scene. Its just fun to crack on them a little "hr and thr".

Y'all come back now, Y'all hear?