Monday, February 28, 2005

IF YOU DARE...........

Earnest Hemingway once said something along the lines of, "You should always do sober what you said you would do when you were drunk. That'll teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Friday after work, the guys and I were discussing off-the-wall things we have either done or have thought would be funny to do (trans: haven't had the nutsack to do). What can I say, we come up with some funky topics to discuss, but its better than talking about work.

I don't have time to list them all right this second, so maybe as I get time throughout the day i'll post others. I'll start with one, which I cannot claim as my own.

Also, if you have any crazy ideas you've done or thought of doing - stop being a loser lurker and throw it down!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 (never done, to my knowledge)

Some evening during peak dinner hours, dress up in business attire (unless you already are)and walk briskly and confidently into the local chain, full service restaurant (like Chili's, Outback, Olive Garden or, enter other overpriced,overhyped waytoohappytobetherewaitress dining establishment here) and ask for the GM. A little pre-research to that person's name would help for effect, but that could be improvised. Explain to the GM that you are from "corporate" and were sent to relieve them of their duties. Ask for their store keys, POS ID badge and tell them they may return the next day to turn in their uniforms and nametag. Offer your "best wishes in their future endeavors" and send them on their way. Subtly and quietly, but immediately leave the establishment, never to return - oh yeah, this isn't one to pull in your hometown or anywhere near it.

Twisted, isn't that? Yeah, I know, we're pretty mature - but it would make a great setup for a Candid Camera skit! Okay, the thought was a hell of a lot more funny at the bar on Friday than when I just re-read it, but I still laugh at the thought.......

One of the best movies ever was Fletch. "Can I borrow your towel? My jeep just hit a waterbuffalo."