Wednesday, January 18, 2006

OFFICIAL NEW MUSIC DAY

In cooperation with Melissa's (and Pink Kitty's) CD Revolution #2, I recieved Sam's compilation of kick ass tunes. Loving The Strokes, Hot Hot Heat and The Postal Service - to name a few. I'm now in the process of integrating some of them into my various playlists for things like running or photo shoots.

I sent her one on Friday, so given the holiday she should be recieving it any day. My mix was a little different genre focusing on the phenomenon of Texas music. I listen to such a broad range of music that it just kind of made sense to narrow it down to this little piece of me. I mixed in some CCR, Randy Rogers, Django Walker, Jason Boland and Stoney Larue to name a few. I wanted to include some Micky and the Motorcars, Mike McClure, Eli Young Band among a few more - but I couldn't fit it all. In fact, I started with over 40 of my favorite songs and it took me about 2 hours to keep shaving them down to 16 that would fit, changing my mind several times. I miss being able to see the live shows regularly, but I'm planning a trip sometime late spring to catch up a little.

Anyhow, I'm sure round #3 is coming soon, so stay tuned to Melissa's site for details - this little idea is one of the best since "going commando". Well, at least almost as good...