Thursday, January 12, 2006

CRASHERS

Yep! Had to buy the Wedding Crashers DVD last night. I saw it in the theater, but its the best movie since Old School, so owning the DVD was obvious. One of my favorite parts is at the beginning:

Jeremy's assistant: "...I have the perfect girl for you!"

Jeremy (Vince Vaughn): “Janice, I apologize to you if I don’t seem eager to jump into a forced, awkward, intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don’t like the feeling! You’re sitting there – wondering ‘Do I have food on my face? Am I eating? Am I talking too much? Are they talking too much? Am I interested? Are they interested? Should I be interested? I feel like I’m interested, but I think she might be interested, but do I want to be interested, but now she’s not interested… so now I’m, I’m starting to get interested…’ And when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door? Because then it’s awkward! It’s like ‘Do I do the ass-out hug?’ Where you hug each other like this, and your ass sticks out – because you’re trying not to get too close… Or do you go right in and kiss ‘em on the lips? Or don’t kiss them at all…… It’s very difficult to read the situation. And all the while, you’re really wondering, ‘Are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions?’ And… play a little game called ‘Just the Tip’ – just for a second….just to see how it feels. Or ‘Ouch, Ouch, You’re On My Hair’…….”

So true. So true.


Update: Had a lunch date. She got the ass-out hug.