Friday, April 15, 2005

NEW RECORD FOR PROCRASTINATION

My procrastination has hit new levels!!!! Just now, exactly 8 hrs 21 minutes and 36seconds prior to the deadline, I filed my taxes. Now, for many people filing the standard return - the sooner you file, the sooner you get your return - so many tend to want to file as soon as they can. For me, I intentionally underpay - so the later I file, the later I owe. Why do I underpay? Think about it this way - the money you get back from your return was money that belonged to you in the first place, except you gave it to the Gov't to hold on to, and they didn't offer you any interest on that money. Either way, you are paying them the same. I take the standpoint that I'd rather hold on to my money and make it gain interest before the IRS gets to have it. So while I make 2-3% interest, you get nuthin. Nada. Zippo. Zero... Really, its a pain to write out that check to the IRS - but I have to remind myself that its worth it.

Now I'm off to relax for the weekend before doing all of this work stuff again. For another week. Hope you do some relaxing too!